Friday, April 13, 2012

Trash talk


Photo from eslspeak.wordpress.com
I just hate it when people treat every open space as one big garbage can.  You would expect that in this age and time that people would know better.  Apparently, it is just wishful thinking.
I rendezvous with my zipline crew atRobinsons Lipa's parking lot.  While waiting I have witnessed some scenes that made my blood boil just for the utter disregard and cluelessness of some people.
One time a mother, with a daughter in tow, nonchalantly threw a plastic cup to her side just right after taking a last swig of its content.  The manner by which she did this told me that it was her second nature, pretty much like how everyone puts a foot ahead of the other when walking.
Ahhh.... infuriating!
Another instance, I saw a good looking guy whose get up -- turbaned head, dri-fit Columbia shirt, Ground Zero trekking shorts, Vibram-soled shoes and fancy pocket-rich The North Face backpack -- convinced me he was a mountaineer.  His action though betrayed the truth.  He was just one pretentious S.O.B.
After stepping out of Mini Stop, this guy tossed to the pavement a freshly peeled Magnum wrapper without breaking stride, as he proceeded to where the rest of his similarly-garbed gang were.
Damn this pretentious SOB!
A true mountaineer knows by heart to take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints.  I just hope that his group is not like him.  Or else, only God knows how much garbage they would have scattered all over the mountain.
Ahhh... infuriating!




I'd love to hear what you think of this post.  Please leave a comment or a reaction.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment