Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Pa-pa-ra-pa-pa… Miss ko to!



I’ve never been fond of fastfood.  So when McDonalds Lipa Highway closed for total store renovation early this year, I was not bothered except for the eye sore that the non-stop construction presented whenever I passed by.

Today May 16, 2012 the store reopened.


I promised my wife that when the store opens we would drop by to get her some fries.  I can count with my fingers the number of times I’ve been inside this particular McDonalds store and I’ve never seen, outside of an ongoing birthday party, so many people so excited to be inside the store.  The excitement just seems to be palpable.

Well, the store layout did not change much but the interior did, and it is quite impressive if I may say so.  Gone were the cafeteria-like tables and molded chairs, in place were minimalist-style block tables and interesting seats, some padded singles, some benches, others couches.  The walls too sport trendy wall paper designs that thankfully treat the eyes with interesting pop art works; I suppose this will keep solo diners entertained, at the very least.


We entered the store at 2 in the afternoon.  Normally, there won’t be much of a crowd at this time of the day.  But today, we barely found a table to occupy, and we even had to share it with another customer.
The counter had long lines and the store crew never seemed to stop moving about.  There were familiar faces inside the store but most were complete strangers.  But I observed one thing in common – everyone seemed to be in a happy mood.

I bet this ditty plays in everyone’s head: Pa-pa-ra-pa-pa… Miss ko to.  





No comments:

Post a Comment